General terms and conditions
The participants of the Event.
Molesting the wreck of a car, known as “CarSmash”.
One of the Participants that the group represents towards us, being the person to whom the Booking Confirmation has been sent by us.
CarSmash, part of Plan A Event Management Company, a company located on the address Nieuwe Nieuwstraat 27 C, 1012 NG, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The confirmation of the Event received by the Customer including further details thereof such as date, start time, location, delivery location, costs and terms of payment.
All bookings for the Event which have been accepted by a Booking Confirmation by us are subject to these terms and conditions. If Customer also uses any of our other services, then the relevant terms and conditions hereof apply supplementary, but the conditions for CarSmash prevail for this Event. The applicability of any general terms and conditions of Customer is expressly excluded.
3. Payment moment
If the Customer has not paid the fee due to us ultimately 30 days before the date of the Event, we reserve the right to cancel the reservation.4.
4. Compulsory identification
Before participating in CarSmash we require the Customer to identify himself by showing us a valid ID.
5. Requirements during the Event
By entering the reservation the Customer, also on behalf of the Participants, declares to be familiar with and to agree to the requirements applicable to CarSmash:
- It is not allowed to participate in the Event after consuming alcohol or any type of drugs. In case of doubt, our staff has the final decision whether the Participant is capable of participating in the Event.
- During participation in the Event it is mandatory to wear the distributed protective clothing, such as overalls, gloves, and safety glasses. Wearing closed shoes is mandatory and wearing slippers is not allowed.
- Between Participants who are hitting the vehicle and Participants being spectator, a distance of 2.5 meters must be safeguarded. Participants that are at the distance of 2.5 meters, as well as any other spectators, must wear a pair of glasses with side protection or safety glasses when Participants are occupied with hitting the vehicle.
- Upon striking the vehicle, the Participant must be aware of his surroundings. The Participant must observe enough space in order that the Participant will no one hit during the hitting and pulling out therefore.
- It is not allowed to enter the vehicle before, during, or after the Event.
- It is not allowed that more than 2 persons at the same time permitted to hit the vehicle. They must always observe a mutual distance of 2.5 meters in relation to each other.
- There is a choice of various hammers and other tools available so that each Participant can select a tool suitable for him.
- No one should stay on the vehicle at any moment.
- It is not allowed to touch any other vehicle other than the vehicle that has been assigned to the relevant group of Participants.
- It is not permitted to take away and abstract any part of the assigned vehicle or of any other vehicles present at the yard. This is regarded as theft which will be reported to the police.
- It is mandatory to follow the instructions of the staff.
If the Customer wishes to cancel the Event the following will be due:
More than 30 days before the date of the Event = cancellation free of charge;
Less than 30 days before the date of the Event = 100% of the price due.
All cancellations must be issued in writing. The date of cancellation is the date we have received the message of cancellation.
The following conditions are certainly no reason to cancel the reservation without charge:
- weather conditions on the day of the Event;
- an insufficient number of Participants (= less than 8 Participants).
Participation in the Event is at the Participant’s own risk. We cannot be held liable for damage, loss of property, injury or death which is suffered by a Participant as a consequence of the participation.
8. Right of Refusal
We are at all times entitled without giving reasons to refuse or unilaterally cancel a booking for CarSmash if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting that the Participants will not comply with the provisions of these conditions or otherwise by participation in this Event will cause an unacceptable risk – whether or not to others.
9. Applicable law
All disputes arising from the reservation of CarSmash are subject to Dutch law and will be submitted to the competent court in Amsterdam.
Your privacy is important to us. CarSmash, part of Plan A event management B.V. (hereafter ‘Plan A ‘) attaches great importance to the protection, confidentiality and integrity of your personal data. In this privacy statement we explain what personal information we collect from you when you make use of our services and how we use this information.
Plan A organizes events to participate in in groups and arranges the relevant transport from and to the location, visit of bars and restaurants and overnight stay(s). This privacy statement applies to these services.
Which personal data are collected?
We collect the following personal data from you:
- First and last name
- Your address
- E-mail address
- Your phone number
- Payment and billing information, such as bank account number, credit card orpay pal data
- Company name, provided you specify this, which is personal data if your company is a sole proprietorship
The purpose and on the basis of which we process personal data
Plan A processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- The execution of the agreement made with you
- The handling of your payment
This means that the processing takes place in accordance with the following principles recognized in the General Data Processing Regulation (‘GDPR’):
- The processing is necessary for the execution of the agreement concluded with you
- The processing is necessary for the representation of our legitimate business interests, for example i) the ability to carry out our business activities and ii) for the security of our network and systems
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, such as the retention obligation for administrative data
How long we store personal data
Plan A does not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected.
We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
|Personalia issued in connection with booking||During the term of the agreement and up to 7 years thereafter||Complying with the legal obligation to retain records for companies|
Personalia issued in connection with the signing of the disclamer
|During 3 months||Justified business interest|
|Address||During the term of the agreement and up to 7 years thereafter||Complying with the legal obligation to retain records for companies|
|Company name (if specified)||During the term of the agreement and up to 7 years thereafter||Complying with the legal obligation to retain records for companies|
|Bank account number / financial data||During the term of the agreement and up to 7 years thereafter||Complying with the legal obligation to retain records for companies|
|E-mail address||During the term of the agreement and up to 7 years thereafter||Complying with the legal obligation to retain records for companies|
|Phone number||During the term of the agreement and up to 7 years thereafter||Complying with the legal obligation to retain records for companies|
Third parties that receive information from our clients
Plan A does not sell your data to third parties and only provides it to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. With companies that process your data in our order, to the extent necessary we conclude a processing agreement to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. In the case of passing on data, this is no data other than name and possibly telephone number. Plan A remains responsible for these processing operations. Although our partners can and do change, these are in particular:
|Type of organization||Data processing|
|Providers of the activities||Personalia|
|Providers overnight stay||Personalia
|Hosting partners||The personal data we receive from you in order to be able to perform our services for customers, run ICT systems and the backup thereof|
|Administration office in connection with payroll administration of employees||Personalia
Copy of passport
|Accountant||Company name and invoicing data in the context of the preparation of our annual figures|
|Online recruitment partners||Personalia|
Plan A obviously has the exact company names and contact details of the above mentioned parties.
Where are your personal data processed?
Your personal data will be stored in the Netherlands and the EU for hosting and maintenance .
Cookies, or similar techniques, that we use
Plan A does not make decisions based on automated processing on matters that can have (significant) consequences for people. This concerns decisions taken by computer programs or systems, without a person (for example, a Plan A employee ) being involved.
How we protect personal data
Plan A takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. With third parties who receive your personal data through us, we conclude agreements to protect this purpose.
View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Plan A and you have the right to data portability. That means you file a request with us about the personal information we have from you to send via a computer file to you or someone else indicated by you.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for cancellation of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you visit a website. Information is stored in this text file. This information can be used during your next visit to the website, for example to increase your user convenience such as the fields to be filled in with an information request or an analysis by us of our visitors.
Cookies on our website
On the website of CarSmash, part of Plan A event management B.V., cookies from Google Analytics are used. These are services with which we keep track of how our visitors use our website.
By analyzing the collected data, we can further optimize the website for our (potential) clients.
Important to know is that the operation of Google Analytics for our website is set to remain within the limits of the General Data Protection Regulation. This means, among other things, that the IP address of your internet connection (the registration number) is not saved during the data collection by Google Analytics.
If you want to block the operation of Google Analytics, you can do so by installing the so-called opt-out plugin for Google Analytics in your internet browser.
You can also choose to block all cookies in your internet browser, but it must be said that some websites are not fully functional without cookies.